JOB | Main Sewer Connection Foreman (Ganger) with training opportunities
Excited about training or learning?
We are looking for motivated people willing to train and gain practical experience, to become ‘FOREMAN (Ganger)’ for main sewer connections on the public road.
A person who provides direction and leadership to a group of individuals, "the team" for the purpose of achieving a key result or group of aligned results.
Able to manage a team and coordinate stages of works, operation organise and take delivery of plant and materials to carry out the job required such as:-
- Training in the use of traffic signs, cones, and barriers as required for traffic management.
- Public road excavations
- Excavation; If sufficient gradient is not found install a pumping station
- Organise and direct our electrician after installing pipework and pumps
- New drainage installs/repairs
A successful candidate will benefit from having the following certification, although can provide training:-
- NRSW licence
- Excavator/dumper (below 10 tons)
- HGV class two license would be helpful but not essential
- CSCS Proof that the individual working on construction sites have the appropriate training and qualifications for the job. Ensuring you are qualified, to a standard, to work on the public road and work safely on UK construction sites
A Drainage engineer/person trained and qualified to carry out significant works must have the ability and desire to serve our commercial and domestic customers; Lead our different trained and qualified teams to work on the main public road. Plus, manage and motivate the HGV drivers in support.
Qualifications or ability in main drain connection in the main public roads would be an advantage.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: from £35,000.00-per year
Alternatively address your postal application, including your CV and the position you are applying for, to:
Gerry Rowe, ASL Limited, Units 20-21 Enterprise Park, Moorfield Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1RB
OR if you have questions give me a ring on (07713) 680 902
Thank you and all the best,